Wednesday, February 2, 2011

There and Back

Last weekend, we took a quick trip to San Diego. And when I say quick I am simply referring to the amount of days, not the amount of time we spent in the car while driving there. We left on Friday afternoon around 12:30, stocked with all of our road trip goodies and headed out of town. Around 6:30pm, we hit LA traffic. The worst! Somehow, you cannot miss LA traffic, even on a Sunday at 2:30pm. Anyway, we got into San Diego around 8:45pm and met up with my sister and her boyfriend for a late dinner. We enjoyed good food and good company much of the weekend, the previous dinner mentioned being one of the occasions. After dinner, we headed to Jeff and Karyn's house. We got in and chatted a little bit before heading to bed and getting ready for the big and only full day in San Diego. We arose around 6:45am and prepped for our Black Mountain hike/run/walk. We got out the door and headed on our way. The pavement was not too bad until we made the last turn before the mountain...I wish I took a picture of this cement hill that was before us...it was basically a hill from San Francisco and I made it maybe 1/3 of the way up before I started walking. As for Tadd and Jeff they made it up all the way. It was intense. Once I made it up the cement hill, I started jogging...walking...jogging...walking on the mountainous terrain. I think I made it about 1/2 way up when I turned around because I could not find the boys. Either way, I got a good workout and so did they and we all made it back safely to their house before it was time for breakfast. Mission accomplished. We headed out to breakfast with Kirk and Sharon and we all feasted on deliciousness ranging from sweet and savory to salty and cheesy. After breakfast we headed back to house to hang out and prepare for Berlin's baptism which was scheduled for 4:00pm. I got some homework done, Tadd prepared his talk and others accomplished other tasks. At around 3:40pm we all headed to the stake center and took our seats in the baptismal room and greeted people as they came to witness and participate in Berlin's baptism.

The baptismal service was really great and so many people showed up to support Berlin. We are so happy that we got to go and share this special experience with her and her family. Tadd gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost and we got Berlin CTR earrings and a ring. After the baptism we headed back to Jeff and Karyn's house for a little party celebrating both Berlin's baptism as well as her birthday which was just a few days earlier. There were loads of people and food and we enjoyed both. After the evening commenced, we hit the sack. Sunday we arose bright and early to the Big Surprise. This is a delicious breakfast that is super easy to make and I will be sampling my own Big Surprise cooking skills very, very soon. After breakfast we headed to church for sacrament meeting. We decided to skip out early because we wanted to visit a bit more before we all had to hit the road again. We got back on the road around 1:30pm and arrived back in Sacramento around 9:00pm. All in all it was a great weekend. Short and very Sweet!!! Now we are hoping that the San Diegans will come and visit our neck of the woods to spend more fun time together!!!

No comments: