Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I don't really know where to start...there is a long list of things that I need to write about. The list begins here...Today was the first day back to work and school after a long and wonderful President's Day weekend! I had Friday off from school and work and we decided to go the golf club for dinner for an easy evening. I think we all went to bed pretty soon after that! Saturday I went shopping with my Mom and we had fun finding nice things for her to fill her closet with. Tadd was able to get to the gym and hang out before we headed out of town for San Jose. We left around 2:30pm so that we would reach our hotel in time to prepare for the Sharks Hockey Game at the "Shark Tank!" We went with our friends Lauren and Brian, who are big Sharks fans. We sat in the upper deck but I still thought they were good seats...I could see every pass, every shot, every check and every fight!!! And of course every GOAL!!! The sharks scored 4 goals and one guy had a hat trick! Since they scored 4 goals, the whole stadium gets free personal pan pizza from round table by taking the ticket in! After the game we headed back to the hotel and crashed. We woke up on Sunday morning and ate breakfast and then decided to visit Santa Cruz and shop around before heading back to Sac.
It was a beautiful day and it was nice to walk around and enjoy the sun! We got back in the car around 2:00 and stopped to pick up our free pizza before hitting the pavement for home. Upon arrival we unpacked and packed again and went over to another friends' house to spend time with them while their parents were out of town. We watched Despicable Me...which I totally liked! We ate a yummy dinner and then enjoyed dessert while watching the movie.

Knowing that Monday was a day off, I stayed up until about 1am and Tadd stayed up until 2:30am! Which meant that we slept in on Monday morning until around 9am...and then made ourselves breakfast and headed over to the park to watch Tadd and Austin play football with lots of missionaries. We watched a few games and then the girls and I decided to go to the store to get the ingredients for cupcakes. We made some really pretty cupcakes, including a painters palate, apples and pies! It was super fun! After that I went to the outlets with my mom to get some additional clothes for her as she donated a lot of clothes and cleaned out her closet. I then headed to work and my indoor soccer game. Tadd and Austin and the girls also came to cheer me on! Wow...that was a lot. It was a very eventful long weekend. Now back to the grind and trying to get back on schedule after all the fun we had!

No comments: