Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer

I think it is ironic how the word "summer" changes its meaning in various times in one's life. When I was younger, summer was something to look forward to because it meant school was out for 3 months and vacation and free time and laying by the pool. Now that I am in my mid 20's (ironically still in school) summer has a slightly different meaning. It now means that the classes that I am in are much shorter and more intense rather than an entire semester. It now means that the weather is warmer and the days are longer so I can fit in more work, more school, more exercise and more everything to try and get everything done. It now means that although I have work and school and exercise, there is a bigger justification for short weekend getaways, more pieces of watermelon and lists filled with fun activities like BBQ's, pool parties and crafts. Here is a list that I have started...even though the list started after the actual activities.
To Do List for Summer 2011
1. Make summer dresses (fabric below)

2. Make necklace holders

3. Make lots more fabric necklaces...and maybe sell them?!

4. Try this awesome drink idea from pinterest!

5. Visit San Diego a few times
6. Take a weekend trip to Tahoe
7. Maybe take a Mexican Riviera cruise with my honey before I start school for 18months straight!
P.S. I am in anatomy right now monday through thursday 12-4pm. I will try and keep you updated with all my summer goals amidst this sweet summer school schedule!
P.P.S. I have a craft that I am making for my mom and one for my dad that I will post once they are complete. Now I am also trying to come up with something to make for Tadd that he will like! If you have any ideas, feel free :)

No comments: