Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hygiene Politics

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to go to a American Dental Hygiene Association House of Delegates 3 Day Conference in Santa Clara California with three of my hygiene classmates. It was an experience. I have never attended a conference such as this before, therefore I did not know what to expect. It was an informative experience and taught me a lot about the importance of professions and having quality and passionate leaders to promote the further progression of the profession. However, I am not exactly opinionated within the political realm of anything so it was a little out of my league. This is something that I would encourage interested hygiene associates to participate in, in order to participate and have your opinion heard. Some exciting events that occurred over the weekend included...delicious food and snacks as well as an opportunity to meet other hygiene students and professionals. The highlight of the weekend however was the "Saturday Night Fever" themed dance that was hosted!!! My three friends and I dressed up and had a great time dancing and enjoying ourselves. Here are some fun pictures from the weekend!

No comments: